Friday, March 03, 2006

Serge Gainsbourg! Serge Gainsbourg!

First things first: open this in a separate window, and just let the music ("Intoxicated Man", btw) cycle while you read.

I don't know much about Serge Gainsbourg. My husband Steve's Swiss friend Corinne would leap out of her seat, fluttering her hands and squealing "Sergegainsbooooooor! Sergegainsbooorg!" whenever she heard one of his songs: so I've always pronounced his name with fluttering jazz-hands and a squeal. But I'm pretty sure I've misunderstood his appeal. I guess I assumed he was sort of a French showbizzy Leonard Cohen, kind of a Jerry Lewis mixed with Lou Reed. I'm guessing I have no freaking idea.

Here are some links;
A ton of video links, including some with Brigid Bardot (check out "Comic Strip" or "Bonnie and Clude".)

This guy wants you to know Serge Gainsbourg died in March of 1991. That's sad, but then, he never got to experience the post 9/11 world. Serge, I want you to know I envy your dead ass. But wait, there's more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home