Thursday, March 23, 2006

Must See TV



From Yahoo UK:

Hotel heiresses Paris and Nicky Hilton are making a cartoon TV show about their lives, in the style of The Simpsons.

The American siblings have spoken to Interscope boss Ted Fields, who will make the series and hope to air it on US television.


OMG.
WTF.
LOL.
ROTFLMAO.
IANAL.
PETA.
OPEC.
USA. USA! U. S. A. !!!!!

That said, these are really nice drawings. The full set are here.

Weirder still, a commenter on The Superficial posted a couple of pages from a Japanese manga (?!?!!) devoted to the Hiltons. (You can see them here and here.) I took the liberty of reproducing some details:


Which one's Kathy? Which one's Paris?.



The first time I came across Paris Hilton was in an issue of Vanity Fair. It was an advertising spread for some fashion house, I forget which, but the thing that struck me about the photo were her enormous man mitts. They seemed to be the focal point of the picture. So I just assumed she was a self aware drag queen, a la Amanda Lepore. I was really disappointed to find out there was nothing ironic going on, and that she was, in fact, just another run-of-the-mill media creation, albeit one without any discernible purpose. What's the matter with kids today? Haven't they ever heard "Eat the Rich"? No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket. Get off my lawn!
Anyway, I like how the manga artist captured those giant meathooks. Good job, sir or madam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the show called, "Gag Me With a Silver Spoon"?

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home